About Me

My photo
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
I live in New Port Richey and I need the therapy. My life balances between the goofy and the inane. What more can I say!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

THE CHAMBERPOT BOOGIE

One bathroom. enough beds to sleep eleven and only ONE bathroom! Have you ever been in line behind a Crip going to the bathroom? Trust me, it is not pretty, nor is it comfortable. I firmly believe that we all learned to dance form the experience>
Due to the processes involved, Bob’s shower and commode time usually took about an hour and one half. Thank God for the invention many years ago of the kiln. Without the kiln, we would have no porcelain. Without porcelain, there could be no chamber pots. Without chamber pots, the house at the end of Sergeant’s Street would be at a constant phase five-flood stage!
I remember as a youngster coming out of the bathroom to a line of kids, each one holding their personal chamber pot, with faces scrunched up with the malodorous air. We even had an occasional first time visitor to the Winter Harbor Estate that wanted to know why they had a soup tureen under their bed. This was embarrassing, but had to explain, lest they decided to help set the table! The thought of a wonderful lobster stew in a chamber pot served with a china ladle adorned with dainty flowers-never mind, the picture in my head “I don’t think so”………
Needless to say, Bob and I decided that the earlier the better. This decision was based on the availability of the bathroom and that fact that our bedroom faced due east. I guess I forgot to mention this fact to Bob before we left New Hampshire.